FOCUS AND SCOPE
Revista Colombiana de Investigaciones Agroindustriales is an open-access digital journal. Peer-review by international peers and published every semester. Its main objective is the circulation of specialized knowledge through the publication of scientific and technological research related to the areas of Agri-Food Sciences, Secondary Metabolites, Agricultural Biotechnology, Beekeeping Agribusiness and Technological Development and Business Innovation; It also includes applications from other related sciences that can enrich the discipline such as Biotechnology, Bioprocesses, Nutrition and Safety, Applied Informatics, Applied Economics and Applied Mathematics. The journal is edited by the Centro Agropecuario del Servicio Nacional de Aprendizaje SENA, Buga-Valle, Colombia
PEER REVIEW PROCESS
The Editorial Board of the journal Revista Colombiana de Investigaciones Agroindustriales conducts a preliminary review of the manuscripts in order to establish whether they comply with the scope, basic criteria and guidelines stated by the journal. In case of not responding to this requirement, the manuscripts will be rejected.
Once the respective editorial review has been carried out, the manuscript is sent to at least two peers to judge the quality of the work. The evaluation system adopted by the journal is double-blinded (the anonymity of the authors and the evaluators is preserved).
Referees follow the following criteria:
- Does the title correlate with the objectives, results and conclusions?
- Does the title include a clear and concise vision of the subject matter covered in the article?
- Is the information in each section of the article adequately condensed in the abstract?
- Do the keywords clearly identify the area of knowledge and respond to the topic being addressed?
- Does the manuscript present a clear, precise and descriptive introduction to the objectives and problems being addressed?
- Is the proposed methodology adequate to achieve the proposed objectives?
- Are the results and discussion relevant to the advancement of knowledge?
- Are the results derived directly from the analysis of the data collected?
- Do the results express the purpose of the article?
- Calculations and numerical operations adequately represented?
- Are the conclusions consistent with what is presented in the results and analysis?
- Are the contributions relevant to the advancement of knowledge?
- Does the discussion clearly explain how the work impacts the current state of the art, or how it improves current practices?
- Does the discussion interpret the results, compare and adequately state the limitations of the article and future lines of research?
- Are the bibliographic references adequate and updated with the topic covered?
- Does the manuscript constitute a valid, current and relevant contribution to the area of knowledge in which it is registered?
- Is the writing clear, coherent, and fluent?
- Are the tables and figures that accompany the texts are relevant, clarify and add value?
- Do you consider that the article generates the interest of the academic community?
- Do you consider that the article generates the interest of the productive sector?
The following are the possible outcomes of the evaluation
- Accept for publication
- Accept with changes
Once the paper has been accepted, the authors will be informed about the assignation of volume and issue.
ARTICLE PROCESSING CHARGES
The journal Revista Colombiana de Investigaciones Agroindustriales does not charge any fee for publishing or for the services performed in all phases of the editorial process.
At the end of the editorial process, a style editor and layout designer will be assigned to be in charge of all the formal aspects of the work prior to publication.
Research papers accepted for publication by the journal Revista Colombiana de Investigaciones Agroindustriales require a fast release of results to the scientific community and adopts a model of continuous publication. The articles accepted in their final version will be included in the closing of the current semester number when editing and layout phases are finished.
OPEN ACCESS POLICY
The journal Revista Colombiana de Investigaciones Agroindustriales supports open access to the published articles as a fundamental part of its mission and a public benefit.
The journal Revista Colombiana de Investigaciones Agroindustriales open access policy applies to all publications published by the journal under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0) license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/deed.es)
ETHICAL PRINCIPLES OF EDITORIAL MANAGEMENT
The journal Revista Colombiana de Investigaciones Agroindustriales, governs its editorial management according to the rules on good practices for publications, issued by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) (https://publicationethics.org)
The Journal is covered by a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. This license allows others to download the works and share them with other people, provided their authorship is acknowledged, but they cannot be changed in any way or used commercially. For more information refer to the website: http://co.creativecommons.org/tipos-de-licencias/
The acceptance of a manuscript by the journal Revista Colombiana de Investigaciones Agroindustriales implies the simultaneous non-presentation in other journals or editorial bodies or the participation in publications derived from seminars, congresses and symposiums. Likewise, a letter of originality is required. Your submission must be registered with the consent of all authors where commit themselves not to send their submission to other publications, during the evaluation period for its publication.
Management for each manuscript is subject to the strict entry order in the Open Journal System - OJS and the pre-selected manuscript according to their subject, relevance and validity will be sent to the team of experts for peer-review process through the double system blind. The evaluation results will be sent to the authors regardless of the final verdict.
According to the ethical principles of the journal Revista Colombiana de Investigaciones Agroindustriales declares non-acceptance of plagiarism and uses iThenticate: Plagiarism Detection.
The authors are responsible for respecting the information authorship included in their manuscripts, including the tables and figures, so that they should not make partial or total copies, paraphrasing without their due reference and other practices of mismanagement and use of information.
The omission of any of the precepts defined causes that the journal is forced to reject the article.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Editors, authors, and peer reviewers should disclose interests that might appear to affect their ability to present or review work objectively. These might include relevant financial interests (for example, patent ownership, stock ownership, consultancies, or speaker’s fees), or personal, political, or religious interests.
The journal Revista Colombiana de Investigaciones Agroindustriales confirms the policy of receiving unpublished and original works set out in the ethical declaration on good practices, therefore, the authors are thanked for avoiding in the development of their articles the inclusion of fragmented sessions of previously published works. without their respective citation and reference. The omission of the aforementioned process can be considered as a violation of the originality criteria established by the journal.
The journal Revista Colombiana de Investigaciones Agroindustriales declares with these policies the search to maintain ethics and good practices in this publication. All the established criteria keep the considerations established by COPE. For more information, you may contact the editor by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sistema de Investigación, Desarrollo Tecnológico e Innovación SENNOVA. Servicio Nacional de Aprendizaje SENA. Centro Agropecuario Buga, Valle del Cauca, Colombia.